Information & Deadlines for papers
- Deadline for abstract submission is 31/05/2019.
- To submit your work the main author responsible for submitting the abstract must be registered for the ISDP2019. It is not necessary to pay when you register. This can be done after the disclosure of the acceptance of your abstract.
Submission and Guidelines
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be accepted and sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Symposium publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat at least 2 months before the symposium to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation. Please note that the registration for the Symposium and abstract submission are two separate processes.
- The presenter must also be included in the list of authors.
- Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted as oral or poster presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will not be accepted.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you when your abstract has been received. Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
Follow the instructions and fill in all the fields of the online form.
- Abstract title – limited to 50 characters in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 2500 characters
The online submission program will automatically not allow submissions that do not fit this requirement.
- Presenting author, author and co-authors' contact details:
The initial letter of the name(s) and the full surname for each author must be provided. Do not include degrees or titles.
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Authors are required to indicate their preference for either ORAL or POSTER presentation by checking the appropriate box on the submission web page. The Scientific Committee will make the final decision on the format of presentation (i.e. oral or poster).
Abstracts must be written and presented in English and must be typed in a single body text.
- Scientific Paper, must be structured into:
Introduction, Objective, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion/Conclusion
- Presentation of cases, must be structured into:
Clinical History, Histopathological Result and Tests, Discussion and Conclusion
- The bibliographical references should not be included in the online submission.
- The Institution or Institutions where the work was done, as well as the authors’ names, must not be mentioned in the body of the text.
- Graphs or tables are not allowed.
- References and acknowledgements are not mandatory and if included must be computed as Body of the Abstract and must appear at the end of the abstract.
- Information regarding financial support provided for the project must be in the text together with the abstract.
- Results based on statements such as “the results will be presented” and/or “data will be analyzed” will not be considered.
- Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lower case.
Please note that if you type the text directly into the abstract field you will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the submit button. Therefore, you will not have a copy. Please ensure you copy and paste your abstract from the original source to avoid this. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure they keep a copy of the submitted abstract on another source.
All the materials produced will be an accurate reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, changes cannot be made to the spelling of the title, the abstract or the authors after the submission deadline.
After you submit your abstract, you can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline date. Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline. There is the option to save the abstract as draft and to submit it at a later stage, and until the deadline date. If you do not submit your abstract, the information will be deleted.